Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending mail to more than one user

knowlerp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two users who job share and hence use the same phone extn.They have seperate email accounts though.

The problem I have is that should a Voicemail be left on the extn only the person who "owns" that extn gets the email with the VMO in it.

Because of the job share this email also needs to appear in the second users mail account.

We have tried setting a shared folder in mail called "Voicemails" so they can both see this and then using a rule to look at incoming mails and send those from Unity into the shared folder.

However we canot find a reliable of doing this as the subject field varies depending on the details of who left it.

Is their someway we can set this up so it knows reliably that the email is from unity ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it were me I'd probably just setup a call handler and configure the message recipient for the handler to be a public distribution list that contains the two users. Outside callers wont' know the difference if you set it up correctly - assign the extension number to the call handler (forwards will go there automatically just like to a subscriber configured for it) - then each subscriber has their own mailbox and their own dial in number and such but messages from the handler are delivered to both of them.

The other way to go about it is to setup a server side mail rule for one of the user's mailboxes in Exchange that copies messages from the Unity Messaging System account to the other user's mailbox - this works for outside callers leaving messages easily enough since the sender is always the Unity Messaging System account. For subscribers leaving them messages the sender is always the subscriber's account themselves - perhaps this is a good thing, however...

But typically for work share type situations where user's have their own mailbox and employees know to call them seperately but you want to setup a single point where outside callers leave them messages, call handlers with public DLs as recipients are normally the way to go about it.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply, the reason I wanted to use a shared mail box was so that when one user listened to or deleted the message the second user wouldnt still see it.

If its mailed to two different accounts is this still going to happen ?

Also not sure about call handlers as I havent set one up in years !