Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending voice mail by phone

Dears,

I am trying to send a voicemail from one of the user phone to another corporate user , after recording the message when the system prompts me to spell for the first and the last name to whom you want to send the voicemail , when I spell the first and last name it prompts me again and again I tried thrice but no success and at the end it says ” this message has no address.

I think I have to enable something to recognize user with their first and last name instead of extension.

thanks

2 REPLIES

The first couple of things I

The first couple of things I would check are as follows:

1. Is the user that you are trying to address listed in the directory (go to the subscriber configuration in unity connection and verify that that check box is enabled)?

2. What version of Unity Connection are you using?  Some older versions would not let you search for a user's name if they had not recorded their name in the system

3. Have you tried to switch to extension dialing by pressing ## and address it using the extension rather than the name?  Does this work?

Dear john, . Is the user that

Dear john,

. Is the user that you are trying to address listed in the directory (go to the subscriber configuration in unity connection and verify that that check box is enabled)?

the user is listed in the directory

2. What version of Unity Connection are you using?  Some older versions would not let you search for a user's name if they had not recorded their name in the system

I have tried in unity connection 8.6 and 9.1

3. Have you tried to switch to extension dialing by pressing ## and address it using the extension rather than the name?  Does this work?

it works with extension but not with spelling name of the user.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content