cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending Voicemails to Exchange accounts

ckihlmire
Level 1
Level 1

This may be pretty basic but how do I get my voicemails sent to my Exchange inbox? Currently I setup Outlook to check both my Domain X Exchange mailbox. I've also setup an IMAP account in Outlook so I can check my Unity Voicemail. Ultimatley I need to have both email and voicemail land in the same inbox.

This is what I have right now:

I have an Exchange 2007 server living in domain X and my Unity 5.0.1 server lives in Domain Y and setup as a DC. There is a two way trust built between the two domains.

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Curt,

You'll need to follow the Unified Messaging Installation guide in order to accomplish this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/umexnofo/5xcuigumenofox.html

Brad

Thanks Brad that helps. One question is if this requires just a re-install or is this more of a start over from scratch?

I'm assuming you're running a Voice Mail Only solution right now with Unity in its own domain per the design requirements. In order for you to integrate Unity with your corporate domain/Exchange, you will need to change domains which requires a rebuild. You'll also need the proper Unified licensing for Unity.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Yes I am running in Voice Mail Only right now. Thanks for the info and it will help greatly as I plan my upgrade to 7.0.

Glad I could help :)

A temporary solution is to create a rule in Outlook to move messages from the IMAP mailbox to the main INBOX. The drawback is that Outlook has to be connected to both mailboxes for this rule to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: