Views
Helpful
Replies

Server ID's in SQL database

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

The scenario is this:

A Unity server crashed and was rebuilt. Now we find that if you search fro a Subscriber, they're not found. However, if you check the "search all Unity Servers" box, the user is found even though there is only a single server.

I've checked in the Unitydb and found that in the SERVER table there is only one entry, the current server. However, when I check the SUBSCRIBER table and return all rows, there are some that have a different ID ref for the server they are homed too.

My question is: Can I merely copy the correct server ID from the SERVER table and populate this ID in to the SUBSCRIBER table to correct those that show the wrong ID? Or is there a Utility that can correct this automatically, such as DOHPropTest?

Thanks

Chris

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You may run DBWalker first to see if we have other errors.

You may check couple of things before doing that:

In AD we also have a property for User objects, you may use ADSIedit tool to access to it.

It is: ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId, this will associate a Subscriber with its proper location Object (Unity Server).

For Location Object in AD Look under Unity Container (default) and look for the different Location object once there for attribute: ciscoEcsbuUMServer.

After that in SQL make sure the Location Table is populated correctly.

Known that you can safely change that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a00800875c5.shtml#wp1048296