i have a problem with service monitor.
my service monitor cannot register cisco 1040 sensor.status is waiting.
i already upload config file and software image for the sensor 1040 to TFTP server/CUCM.
my topology is
sensor(192.168.206.202) ---> TFTP/CUCM (192.168.206.11) ----> Service Monitor (192.168.253.146)
sensor information status said that
not communication with receiver.
and service monitor address is empty.
please need your advice.
It seems as the their 1040 sensors are not going finding the TFTP server.tftp server list should not contain the ipaddress with
values 32 or 92 in their octets,
The 1040 needs to learn of the TFTP by DHCP option 150. Please make sure that it is set on your DHCP server. To confirm that the 1040 sensor is receiving the TFTP IP open a web browser and type http://
As I mentioned in my reply, please check if the sensor is getting the tftp address of the tftp server that contains the sensor config file and sensor image. You can check this by opening the browser and typing the IP address of the 1040 sensor. If it is getting the IP address then check if you are using CUCM as the tftp server. If that is the case then you need to restart the TFTP service on CUCM for the file to be able to be downloaded. Then you can reset the 1040 sensor so it can try downloading the config and image again.
In the browser page of sensor, appears CUCM TFTP and after reset this service and the sensor, nothing happend and when you see the sensor in CUSM Management page, every sensor appears with the MAC and IP Address with same value (MAC os sensor)
please answer the following.
1. What are the MAC addresses of the 1040 sensors?
2. What are the names of the files that you put on the CUCM TFTP?
3. What is the IP of the CUCM TFTP?
4. What is the image version of the sensor that is shown on the sensor webpage?
5. What is the result of trying to download the same config file from the CUCM TFTP to the switch flash? This will help verifying that the file is able to be downloaded successfully and let us know if there is a problem with the communication between the 1040 sensor and the CUCM TFTP.
1.- 22.214.171.124 (ping is responding ok)
2.- QOV00211BFDC0EF, QOV00211BFDC13A, QOVDefault
5.-Maybe this is the problem but in the web page of sensor appears the ip address of TFTP.
Here are more questions.
1. Did you copy the 1040 sensor image file to the TFTP?
2. What is the filename of the sensor image that you copied to the TFTP?
3. When you download the QOV00211BFDC0EF.cnf file from the TFTP to the switch what is the results?
1.- Yes and the directory is /
3.- Yes it works
But the sensor still is waiting. If you see the web page of sensor it appears the image correct image file.
firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help dont dude
This is a other method to check the sensor is fine and you can mixed with another above drescribe here
Fist step install download winagents tftp server ,
enter a Service Monitor Server Configuration / sensor1040 and in TFTP server enter ip address(winagents tftpserver) and go to SETUP
in setup put you ip address in PRIMARY SERVICE MONITOR and push OK you look the server write file in (TFTP server )
Go to MANAGEMENT and add new sensor you need mac address remember second port in sensor is span port
you can make a sencond file in the tftp server
go to service monitor server and copy file *.img CSCOpx/
Search you dhcp server switch option 150 in put your ip address tftp server when sensor power off and power on
the sensor search tftp server and search files to autoconfig and register to service monitor
when test is ok
its time to upload change winagent tftp server to callmanager tftp server