Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Service to dial Speech Connect number

CUCM 6.1

I want to create a service that will dial a number for speech connect (sip). Is there a way to do this?

2 REPLIES

Re: Service to dial Speech Connect number

Hi.

I messed around with this very thing a while back but I didn't get as far as I wanted, before I was pulled into other things. You should be able to create an IP PHone service that will instruct the phone to dial any number. Take a look at the developement guide. Specifically I think you should be able to create a simple xml script that will send the phone a Dial instruction when a key is pressed. Here is a link to the guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/6_0/english/programming/guide/XSIbook.html

Take a look specifically at the chapter 'Internal URI Features'.. look for the Dial URI.

I hope to spend some time on this in the near future.

-Adam

Re: Service to dial Speech Connect number

Hi again.

I've been able to do this today. Here is an example of my xml app that causes the IP Phone to dial Speech Connect at ext 1001:

You just need this script to be executable on your web server, then configure the CallManager with the url that points to this script as a service. Then associate the service to the phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies