cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up an Auto Attendant

tom.mckim
Level 1
Level 1

We ahve Cisco Call Manager 6.0.1 and Cisco Unity Connection version: 2.0.1.2000-337

My former IT Manager implemented the system directly with the consultant and they did all the work on the system.

I primariy did the grunt work and I know the basics of administration for creating users and their voicemail boxes.

That is about all I know.  Well he has left teh company and so has the consultant from his.

I am not the IT Manager and I have a new President.  He wants to use an Auto attendant  which we never set up.  The one we have is for evenings which the auto attendant just says dial 4 to Dial by name, or hold on to leave a message..

We want it to say.

Dial

1) for Sales > Get routed to a group (I think I figured that out with the Hunt Pilot)

2) for Accounts Payable > Sent to Payable Staff Members Extension

3) for Accounts Receivable  > Sent to Receivables Staff Members Extension

4) for Dial by Name

0) for Operator.

I looked and looked and I can not figure out where one programs that?  Can some one point me in the right direction?

Is their a good book I can read on this that simplifies it.

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

Start here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/administration/guide/2xcucsag060.html and if you have issues as you go, just post back and ask.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is done in Unity Connections and is called a Call Handler. It's a little difficult to give you a start to finish example on the forum but I will point you to the documentation and you can ask specific questions if you get stuck.

System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection  Release 2.x > Managing Call Handlers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: