Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Setting up Alternate Contact Number on Bulk Import

I have built subscriber templates that set the caller input key 0 to Alternate contact Number, so that we can have a user definable key 0. Is there a field in Bulk Import that i can use to initially populate it with a number -- the users can change it to whatever they want later, but during initial creation, we'd like to set it to a default per department. So far in my tests, I can set up a default number in the subscriber template, but when i bulk import, the users get a blank alt contact # & then i have to go back in with bulk edit & set it for them.

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Setting up Alternate Contact Number on Bulk Import

If you create a user from scratch via the SA using one of those templates that has a pre filled in number does it work? It sounds like a bug in CUBI that is not looking at that value in the template right off hand - you should open a case with TAC.

Re: Setting up Alternate Contact Number on Bulk Import

if i create a user from scratch from the SA using a template with a filled in number it does work. When i use bulk import with the same template and then go look at the users when bulk import finishes, the Alternate contact number field is blank for the bulk added users - Alternate contact is turned on, but the number doesn't come in from the template. So I then go back with bulk edit & use the same csv file that i did for bulk import to choose the users to edit & put the number in there.

I'll put in a TAC case to get the bug into the system (if it's not already there). The lazy person in me was just hoping to avoid running bulk import/bulk edit 200-300 times to get the 2500 or so users added next weekend.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content