cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Call Handlers

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I am looking to set up some call handlers quickly. Have not done this before. We are running Unity 4.2 and CCM 5.1(1). We are in community hospital in Iowa and in the midst of major flooding. Would like to be able to have people call into our Public Health department and have the options of getting certain health and flooding info...for example, call comes in to the department and they hear - "press 1 for flood information, 2 for health information, 3 to speak to someone in public health, 0 for an operator", etc. When they press a digit they may or may not get additional options. Is there a quick and easy way to do this? Thanks. Any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the Audio Text Manager.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager403.htm

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the Audio Text Manager.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager403.htm

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, that helped somewhat. I was able to work through the call handlers in Unity and get them to work. One more question if I may.... I have the autoattendant up and working, however, there are no rings before the autoattendant answers. When the number is called, the autoattendant picks up right away. I'd like to have it ring once before that. The way I set it up is to assign a diretory number to the initial call handler. I originally had a phone hooked up to it and I beleive it rang then, however, I removed the phone from the system and disassociated the phone from the directory number. So I lost that "ring" I had initially. I don't see anything in Unity to say "ring this many times before Unity answers". I guess I could hook the phone back up and just stick it in a closet but thought I could get a way without using it.

Thanks

I'm not aware of any way to accomplish this outside of using a physical phone.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: