Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup Backup Device

INFOTEP_OFN
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I'm trying to setup the back, but when I setup the back device i recived this error: Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to  respond. Please make sure the login credentials and path are correct.

the path is D:\Cisco

and i test the connection with other sftp, and i able to connect to the sftp server.

in the server name is only the ip address?

thanks

23 Replies 23

How to backup Unified Communications Manager 7.x

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/33489

Step 3
-Enter a name for your Backup device name*
-Select the Network Directory option
-For the Server name Enter the IP address of your sftp server
-For the Path name if everything on your Freesftpd server was left as default use / otherwise make the proper changes.

+5 to all you guys that pointed this from the very beginning

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Problem Solve,

thanks for all!!!

Hi All

I am facing the same problem which yancy were facing

i am trying to take the backup using the FTPD but no luck to overcome this problem

i attached the snapshot for my SFTP Server and user settings.

Kindly Assist me to set the proper parameters in SFTP Server and what path to use in CUCM DRS.

Waiting for a favourable reply

thanks.

This has already been covered really throughly in this thread, Have you read and followed the suggestions that have been provided???

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It would also be MORE valuable to us to see how you have configured the CUCM DRS settings.  The SFTP settings are personal preference really...so the CUCM is config is what we're interested in.

Hailey

Settings for the Backup Device

Server Name : 192.168.80.30

path name : /CUCM/

user name : cisco

password  : cisco

These are my settings on CUCM.

So, two things.  In your FreeFTPd settings you have the root folder specified as the CUCM folder; however, in a typical setup this is setup as "$HOME\". This is because when a user logs in they are usually directed to their personal home folder.  So, you should take a look at the following link and look at the screenshots particularly for how to set up the SFTP server. 

http://www.freesshd.com/index.php?ctt=overview

So, with the $HOME\ config you would have a structure like this:

Root Folder > Home and sub-folders for each user:  /home/

In your case, /home/cisco/ - here you may want to create the CUCM folder or a backup folder and subfolders depending on preference.  Example:

/home/cisco/cucm/

/home/cisco/backups/cucm/

Either way works, it's up to you.

Then in the CUCM DRF config, the root folder would be /home/cisco/cucm/ OR the equivalent that you came up with that works for you.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

DJCanuck1_2
Level 1
Level 1

OK. I have read all the posts and know this is a simple issue, but WTF? I'm running copSSH installed to the root of C: (not Program Files) so the user account set up has a directory of  C:\ICW\home\username. Now I know I don't put the C: in the path name field in DRS, so I've tried:

/

/icw/home/username

/icw/

/home/

/username/

/icw/home/

All fail. I can connect via WinSCP with the username in question and can also telnet to port 22 on the copSSH server. Firewalls are off and no ACLs.

This is either a case of incorrect path syntax, or the RSA key exchange. Whenever I have a new client trying to connect to copSSH, I get the key exchange banner wanting you to accept or update your key for this site. Anyone know how Unity handles the key exchange for a SFTP server it has never connected to before?

Hi

Unity will just accept the signature blindly.

Have you tried checking the logs for CopSSH when an attempt comes in?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!