cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Short Message Limits

tonyw1538
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.0(3) set to delete messages shorter than 1000 ms - the default setting.

Almost always when it comes up with a message that is shorter than 1000 ms I get TWO messages in the event log:

1)

Event Type: Information

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Information

Event ID: 626

Date: 1/21/2004

Time: 3:19:29 PM

User: N/A

Computer: LEGMAILV

Description:

[Port 4] Recording (0 ms) was less than minimum record length (1000 ms).

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

2)

Event Type: Information

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Information

Event ID: 626

Date: 1/21/2004

Time: 3:19:29 PM

User: N/A

Computer: LEGMAILV

Description:

[Port 4] Recording (562 ms) was less than minimum record length (1000 ms).

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

-----------------

You can see that the second message is the exact date/time/port number as the first.

Is this normal behavior? Do I have a setting incorrect somewhere?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

looking at it I think this is expected. The 2nd message is probably the raw message length being under 1 second and the first message (the comes after the 2nd one sequentially even though the time stamps are the same) is the length after the MIU does the trimming of the silence off the end of the message.

Assuming your message is a second of silence or something that would make sense based on the two error messages here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

looking at it I think this is expected. The 2nd message is probably the raw message length being under 1 second and the first message (the comes after the 2nd one sequentially even though the time stamps are the same) is the length after the MIU does the trimming of the silence off the end of the message.

Assuming your message is a second of silence or something that would make sense based on the two error messages here.

Chiming in here almost a year later....

Do these messages get saved and placed somewhere? Or just deleted?

I get them every once in a while, but would like to find more information on who tried to leave a VM for who? Any way to reveal that?

Thanks