Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Monitoring with Windows 7 Mirage Deployment

Rick Forrester
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Our client has recently upgraded all of there desktops to Windows 7 Mirage, which I beleive is some kind of VMware solution.

When they first tried on Windows 7 the following message was being recorded in the logs:

ERROR VOIP2037 Unable to open the NIC adapter for sniffing. Please reconfigure the installation.

I think this was down the SPCD drive not being seen, which lead to the first NICQ tests not recording any data, after copying the file to system32\drivers.

With this done the client machine passed the NICQ tests without issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I should look next to resolve this or if they know is the desktop is virtual is this supported?

The customer is running CUCM 9 & UCCX 9 on a virtual platform.

Thanks for your help

Rick

1 Reply 1

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rick

In order for desktop monitoring and recording to work the PC must be plugged in the back of the phone and the SPAN to PC port must be turned on in the phone configuration.

If you are running some WMware solution the PC is not going to be plugged in the back of the phone. So you have no hope of desktop monitoring working.

You may be able to get the SPAN based monitoring working depending on how complex your network is.

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: