cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple hunt in CCM

ajrussell
Level 1
Level 1

I have to build a simple hunt in CCM - no attendant console, just a line group, hunt list and pilot.  I have this set up so that there is a 6 second RNA Reversion Timeout, effectively resulting in two rings before it rolls to the next extension.  I have two line groups - the primary contains two extensions that are responsible for taking the bulk of incoming calls.  The secondary group consists of five extensions which will be rang in a circular fashion if one or both of the extensions in line group #1 are not available or if only one or neither of the individuals is logged into the hunt group.

The manager is requesting is that after four rings (effectively two extensions being hit by the hunt), the caller rolls to VM.  How can I do this?  I essentially have to chose "Try Next Member; then try next group in hunt list" as my option, in order for it to hit both extensions in the primary group if they are available or roll to the secondary group if one or neither in the primary are available.

Is there a way to manipulate either how many extensions it hits prior to VM or number of total rings/seconds into a que, regardless if both extensions rang are in the primary group or one is in the primary, then it rolls to the secondary group for the second extension?  I can't seem to find anywhere to configure it to roll to VM after four total rings/two extensions.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the Call Forward settings on the Hunt Pilot itself.  You can pull the call back and redirect it using these settings.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the Call Forward settings on the Hunt Pilot itself.  You can pull the call back and redirect it using these settings.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

So simple, yet so hard to realize...apparently.  Thanks, Bill.  That did it!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a little to the tips from Bill (+5 Mr.Bell)

I was just trying this out in the lab and to get specifically 4 Rings

is a little tough If your users are using the Logout of Hunt groups

option it's a little easier to manage, but there are still a number of variables

to play with here. The ring times change if both members of the first group

are busy or unavailable (via Hunt logout) and some or all of the second group

are available or vise-versa with group one being ready and group two not ready.

I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this, you can play with the RNA

reversion timer on both groups along with the maximum Hunt timer on the

Hunt Pilot itself but you can never guarantee exactly 4 rings for every caller.

You can set "stop Hunting" on the second line group Ring No Answer

but sometimes the call will go to Voicemail before 4 rings. If it's a maximum

of 4 rings it's doable but not exactly 4 rings for every call. Each ring is approx. 4-5

seconds so work with a total RNA reversion time (between both groups) of 16-20 seconds.

Cheers!

Rob