Views
Helpful
Replies

Simulate Transfer Directly to VM without human intervention

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is trying to accomplish the following:

Any subscriber calls to leave him/her self a voicemail without ringing the phone.

They do not want the phone to ring, because in a lot of scenarios the phone rolls over to other people before it hits the greeting.

They do not want to call someone in the office, then have that person hit *xxxx to transfer directly to voicemail.

So basically, I am trying to simulate Directly To VM without having someone actually hit *xxxx for me.

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can set the subscriber to go directly to VM in the Unity SA subscirber profile Transfer options. If you do this, it will not ring the phone at all. Just go to vm.

hope this helps

That is true, but unfortunately it is not an option here. They also use Directory Handler for call transfers.

Regards

Doesn't dialing xxxx#2 during the opening greeting (or at any call handler greeting) do what you need?

-Eric

that's my vote. It does work this way. You can't do it from a call system transfer though.

Setup a call handler with instructions to go directly to vm dial xxxx #2.

Good call Eric!

Hi -

Just curious if this is a unified messaging site. In this case you could use ViewMail to send the user a voice message directly without using the phone.

Ginger

Eric, you are absolutely right.

Opening greeting, xxxx#2 does go directly to greeting.

Thanks

I'm having this same issue but I'm using it to transfer callers directly to a vm box. I've never heard of the xxxx#2 fix, is there a way to automate this so the customers just have to dial the extension and go directly to greeting?

Try the options available at the following link and see if this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml