Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Voicemail for Multiple DNs

I am trying to setup a single voicemail box for multiple phones. I know this can be done using a distribution list in Unity Connection, although from what I understand the MWI will not light up for new messages in the distribution list.

Currently incoming calls go to a hunt pilot, although if no one answers I would like the call to forward to a general voicemail. Then users in the hunt group can check the messages.

Is there any way this can be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derrick,

There are a number of ways to address this issue :)

This example will differentiate when a message has been left for their private number vs the Hunt Pilot general mailbox.

Here's what I would do.

Our example creates a new line @ 2355 but it can be any random unused number. The Hunt Pilot in this example is 7777;

If possible, add a second "shared" line (2355) to all Line Group members phones. The new general mailbox is also set up on this new number 2355.

The Hunt Pilot DN 7777 is set up as an Alternate Extension on this new line 2355 so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

So, the he Hunt Pilot number is 7777 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355.

When the call routes through to CUC via the Hunt Pilot No Answer CUC should see  the CLID of 7777 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CUCM for the second Line 2355 appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone and

the users will be able to tell which line the message has been left for by seeing the

flashing envelope icon beside the related line button. The user will also be able to directly

access the Hunt Pilot messages via the new 2355 line button.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derrick,

There are a number of ways to address this issue :)

This example will differentiate when a message has been left for their private number vs the Hunt Pilot general mailbox.

Here's what I would do.

Our example creates a new line @ 2355 but it can be any random unused number. The Hunt Pilot in this example is 7777;

If possible, add a second "shared" line (2355) to all Line Group members phones. The new general mailbox is also set up on this new number 2355.

The Hunt Pilot DN 7777 is set up as an Alternate Extension on this new line 2355 so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

So, the he Hunt Pilot number is 7777 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355.

When the call routes through to CUC via the Hunt Pilot No Answer CUC should see  the CLID of 7777 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CUCM for the second Line 2355 appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone and

the users will be able to tell which line the message has been left for by seeing the

flashing envelope icon beside the related line button. The user will also be able to directly

access the Hunt Pilot messages via the new 2355 line button.

Cheers!

Rob

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-> The MWI can light up for the devices multiple devices; here is how you can do this;

Search the mailbox in question in cuc admin page; on the user basics page\ click Edit\ goto Message Waiting Indicators\ click Add new and enter the extension where you want the MWI to populate.

i hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. I will give these suggestions a try.