Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP early offer to Unity Connection 8.6.2

Hello I'm having a problem with delayed audio setup over a SIP trunk to Unity Connection.   My setup is as follows:

PRI -> 2921 (H323) -> SIP -> Unity Conneciton

I have early-offer forced configured on the 2921 SIP config and call start fast on the H323 side but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick.   Is there anything I need to configure on the Unity Connection side to support call start fast/early-offer forced.   I'm not a SIP guru, but my understanding was that early-offer forced does for SIP what call start fast does for H323.   Is this correct?

Thanks,

Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also play with Port Group --> Advanced Settings --> Delay After Answer and set it to 250 in Unity Connection. I do this for all SIP inegrations with UCON.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is the 2921 integrated with Unity?  Is there CUCM or CME in the mix?

Ealry offer and faststart are not the same as they deal with different protoclos SIP vs. H323.  They work in similar way but are not compatible in any. UCON should not need to negotiate SIP offer as that should be done by your CUBE and/or Call Processor (CUCM/CME).

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.   There is no CUCM or CME between the 2921 and UCXN.   The 2921 talks SIP straight to UCXN.   This is a Cisco supported UCXN integration.

I am aware that early offer and fast start are for diferent protocols.   Just wondering if there is something else I need to add to my config to cut media through on the SIP side with the call setup.   I thought media early is turned on by default.

Thanks,

Glenn

voice service voip

sip

early-offer forced

You can also play with Port Group --> Advanced Settings --> Delay After Answer and set it to 250 in Unity Connection. I do this for all SIP inegrations with UCON.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the info.   I put a 1000 ms delay in CUC and that seems to have worked.

Thanks,

Glenn