Views
Helpful
Replies

Sizing Exchange 2007 for Unity

j-shearer
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings -

I have a customer that currently deploys Exchange 2003 housing approx. 350 email mailboxes. He looking to integrate a Cisco IPT solution (CUCM 6.1 and Unity 5.0). Before the IPT integration he wants me to install a new Exchange 2007 server. I would like to "size" the new Exchange 2007 server to take into consideration the Unity 5.0 install.

Does Cisco provide any "sizing" tools/documentation/recommendations for an Exchange 2007 server when integrating w/ Unity?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not really sizing on the Exchange 2007 box that matters. What matters is how much space you are allocating to Voicemails. For instance, I think the ratio is 30 minutes of voicemails is about 15megs of space required. (at G711 codec)

So do the math:

350 mailboxes

30 minutes of voicemail recordings

15 megs per 30 minutes

350*15 megs = about 5gigs of extra space required.

People can of course more voicemails to "personal folders" and store them like any other email attatchment, etc.

hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not really sizing on the Exchange 2007 box that matters. What matters is how much space you are allocating to Voicemails. For instance, I think the ratio is 30 minutes of voicemails is about 15megs of space required. (at G711 codec)

So do the math:

350 mailboxes

30 minutes of voicemail recordings

15 megs per 30 minutes

350*15 megs = about 5gigs of extra space required.

People can of course more voicemails to "personal folders" and store them like any other email attatchment, etc.

hope this helps

Thx.

The information you provided is very helpful. I was more-or-less looking for a rough calculation of VM storage.

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: