Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP Traps for Unity

Unity 4.0(5) voice mail only, Centrex integration.

I am looking for a list of defined snmp traps for Unity. I have set up EMS to send to a destination and can capture the info for a MIB. Problem is I have to catch them as they occur. This seems silly. What do others do to monitor Unity?

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: SNMP Traps for Unity

I'm not entirely sure I understand you...

the RSK installation includes the ablity to add SNMP trap capability to EMS - this means that errors/warnings you have setup for EMS to trigger on (Unity related or not) can raise traps. This model is handy for a number of reasons, not the least of which is its very flexible and doesn't require a static list of traps (which change from version to version).

the EMS approach is to allow you to notify someone about errors or warnings on the Unity box - end of story - it doesn't provide a static list of all possible errors (and by extension all possible trap events that can be raised).

The list of all possible event log messages (which are flagged as info/warning/errors at run time - some can and do serve as both) can be obtained on the www.ciscounitysupport.com site for versions through 4.0(5) anyway - although such a list is of dubious use in my mind.

Not entirely sure what you're finding silly or what it is you're hoping to get here...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content