Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone is not registering

saljam100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i have multiple sites with CCME install now if i configure my softphone for site A its okay and working but if i try to configure it with site B its not working donot obtain any extension from site B ccme, after some work around i observe that my soft phone is still contacting to site A where i change its FTP server address and i make everything recheck now my question are.

is that necessary to configure CDP on CCME in order to obtain extension on softphone through tunnel ?

is that necessary to to have FTP server configure on CCME  in order to obtain extension on softphone ?

(Although my site B users can use their local CCME to get extension but that ccme cant register my softphone) 

is the FTP file in flash used for both physical phone and softphone are same ?

(cause i observe one difference in two site CCME that there is alot of files with FTP-server flash:x.x.x.x commands in site A (the site which working properly) which is missing in site B where i am not able to get extension.)    is this difference cause a problem ?

hoping a quick response.

Regards

Salman           

1 Reply 1

first you need configure ephone and dn on ccme site b

then

you can reconfigure your cipc with tftp address of site b (same ip address of ccme)

your cipc get configuration trough tftp

tftp-server flash:..... is for firmware and locale upgrade

while the xml config is stored in ram

you can view all file binding by tftp with this command

show telephony-service tftp-bindings

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: