cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some Advice

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm running a CCM 4.0 with a sub/pub in a single cluser. Servers are at End of Sale. Looking to upgrade to 5.1. What would I be losing if I went to a Single Server with RAID redudacy and adandon the Pub/Sub Configuration?? Keep in mind I want an upgade which will last for at least a couple of years, and it will be involved in a Unified Messaging enviroment.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You would be loosing the Failover option and having a single server would be a single point of failure. It all depends on how many users you have and how critical is this phnoe network. Incase it is very critical, you should look at a Pub and a Sub setup. Can you let us know what is the current server you have along with the number of phones/users.

We're running CallManager 4.0(2a)& Unity 4.0(5)in a UM enviroment with about 300 users. The phones are certainly critical, which is why I am seeking some additonal advise from this forum. Thanks for your input.

I'd recommend having 2 servers (Possiblily 2 7825) and some additional RAM as this would not only improve the performance as of now, but would allow you to use the same server in the future as sometimes, you cannot use the existing server, if you dont have enough RAM and it is End of Sale.

Also, when is the upgrade planned for, if it would take a couple of months, you should look at CUCM 6.0 as it has more feature enhancement compared to 5.1 and for more information about it, please check the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/601acmrn_2.html#wp197910

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: