Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some subscribers failed to send/leave message to other subscriber

I encountered the following scenario:

Subscriber A can receive voice message from others except Subscriber B. Both of them are valid Unified Messaging Subscribers. When subscriber B send message, the Event Viewer find the following error.

http://www.ciscounitysupport.com/find.php?EvtID=10015&EvtSrc=CiscoUnity_ConvMsg

The unity was rebooted and the problem still happened. We are using UM with Unity 4.0.5

Is there any Exchange Voice Setting or client configuration that prevent Subscriber B to send message?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Some subscribers failed to send/leave message to other subsc

Well, Exchange does have the concept of restricted lists for both sending and receiving messages - although if memory serves the error message we get back from Excahnge results in a different event log warning than that.

So the subscriber can address the message and record it but when they send it do they get failsafe? Or they don't hear anything, but the message is not sent?

Presumably Subscriber A sends a message to subscriber B from a desktop client it gets through?

I did further test on this scenario

1) leaving voice mail via no-answer-forward, not send-message function within unity menu

2) All Extensions have their own UM Account

Result:

- Subscriber C can send Voice Message to Subscriber A

- Both Subscribers can't receive Voice Messages from Subscriber B.

- It seem to be normal when Subscriber B can leave message to either A or C. Leave the message with No error message being heard. But they finally can't get B's message. In event viewer, it generated an error message related to "send message"

- Subscriber B still can send e-mail to A by Outlook and vice versa

I thought the problem may be in either Unity Account or Exchange Mailbox of Subscriber B. But no idea to take further action.

Thanks!

I just ran in to the same thing. I have around 200 users and they can all send and receive voicemail. I have only 1 user that can receive but not send. I have removed all the distribution list association for this user in Unity and made sure that all of this account information was gone in AD. I recreated the user in Unity once more and added to all the correct groups with the same result. When the user sends a message the user gets a message that this system is not available at this time. It is the same message the user have been getting before I deleted and recreated. We did have a recent upgrade in Exchange. No one else is having this issue.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Debby,

Just a "shot in the dark" here, but is this user getting the "your mailbox is almost full" warning by any chance. The first restriction tied to this warning is Prohibit-Send. Have a look at the following;

Prohibit send at (KB)

From this good doc;

Understanding How Exchange 2000 Storage Limits Work with Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a00800faf0f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

I fixed it!!! I found that in AD for this user only the check mark for "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here." was missing....I checked it and this user can now send and receive voicemail.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content