cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL error in event log

lyle.langston
Level 1
Level 1

I am starting a backup to perform an upgrade from 4.0(3) to 4.0(5) and i have been looking over everything. The initial DBWalker went fine, but i had an error in the eventlog that states "error event id 17055 + 3041: BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP LOG UnityDb TO UnityDbDump". I know that this is related to the SQL DB, but I don't know if this is a mission critical that gets fixed before the upgrade, as I am not sure if the error is streaming from the server itself or the backup system. I have been searching both Cisco and MS, but no one can isolate this down. Has anyone run into this before? And if so, is this a critical error or is there a workaround?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Open Enterprise Manager

Right-Click on UnityDb database and select Properties

Click on the OPTIONS-tab

Change the Recovery model from SIMPLE to FULL.

Go to the Nightly backup job, right-click on it select "start job". Check the app logs after a few minutes

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those are failing nightly/weekly backups and yeah, you'll probably want to fix those - several threads on that out here, check out this one for details:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd904f3/1#selected_message

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Find out if there is a problem with UnityDbDump

Open Enterprise Manager

Drill down to Management, Backup.

Right click on UnityDbDump

View Contents (I think you are going to see some sort of corruption)

If UnityDbDump is corrupted, you could create a new "backup device".

1) Open Enterprise Manager

2) Drill down to Management, Backup.

3) Right-click, Select New BACKUP Device. Create the device - for instance TEST (you can name it anything you want).

4) Right-click on SqlWeeklyBackupJob, select the Steps-tab

a) Edit step1 FullUnityDbBackup

change "BACKUP DATABASE UnityDb TO UnityDbDump ..." to "BACKUP DATABASE UnityDb TO TEST

..."

b) Edit step2 BackupUnityDbLogWeekly "BACKUP LOG UnityDb TO UnityDbDump" to "BACKUP LOG

UnityDb TO TEST"

5) Right-click on SqlNightlyBackupJob, select the Steps-tab

a) edit DifferentialUnityDbBackup

change "BACKUP DATABASE UnityDb TO UnityDbDump......" to "BACKUP DATABASE UnityDb TO TEST

...... "

OK, I have been able to see all of the data ok, and it is giving me the error "Executed as user: CO\COUNITY$. The statement BACKUP LOG is not allowed while the recovery model is SIMPLE. Use BACKUP DATABASE or change the recovery model using ALTER DATABASE. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 4208) BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed." Will the steps listed above be able to change this?

Open Enterprise Manager

Right-Click on UnityDb database and select Properties

Click on the OPTIONS-tab

Change the Recovery model from SIMPLE to FULL.

Go to the Nightly backup job, right-click on it select "start job". Check the app logs after a few minutes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: