Cisco Support Community
Community Member

SqlNightlyBackupJob Failing 3.0 to 4.2.1 Upgrade

I recently Upgraded a Unity 3.0 Voicemail only Server to Unity 4.2.1 and started to see the error below:

Event Type: Warning

Event Category: Job Engine

Event ID: 208

Date: 18/10/2006

Time: 02:15:02

User: N/A

Computer: GLB-CCM3

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'SqlNightlyBackupJob' (0xDA8140E55052E143B09714420A44CDA8)

- Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2006-10-18 02:00:00 - Message: The job failed.

The Job was invoked by Schedule 8 (Nightly UnityDb Backup Schedule).

The last step to run was step 1 (DifferentialUnityDbBackup).

I then checked the Job History and found this for step 1 of the Job::

Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. No entry in sysdevices for backup device 'UnityDbDump'. Update sysdevices and rerun statement. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3206) BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013)

I then checked further and found that there are no Backup devices UnityDbDump and also ReportDBDump. I also checked what other steps are in the Job and found this:

1 DifferentialUnityDbBackup

2 BackupUnityDbLog

3 DifferentialReportDbBackup

4 BackupReportDbLog

I was about to attempt to create the backup devices before I also realised that the ReportDb database is missing. I presume the Job would still fail If I did this. Any help as to how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Re: SqlNightlyBackupJob Failing 3.0 to 4.2.1 Upgrade

Execute the following steps:

1) On the Unity server, open a command prompt.

2) Type "osql -E"

3) Type "Alter database UnityDb set recovery Full"

4) Type "go"

5) Type "quit"

6) Open Enterprise Manager

7) Drill down to sqlservergroup\local server\Management\Sql Server Agent\Jobs if the jobs

had failed in the past, there will be a red-x on SqlNightlyBackupJob and

8) Right-click on SqlWeeklyBackupJob, and select "Start Job" After a few minutes, hit the

key to refresh the status.

9) Repeat for SqlNightlyBackupJob.

10) Check the application logs.

Community Member

Re: SqlNightlyBackupJob Failing 3.0 to 4.2.1 Upgrade

After more investigation I found that the Report Database files still existed on the server. I then reattached the Database, created the ReportDB and UnityDB backup devices ran the SqlWeeklyBackupJob then the SqlNightlyBackupJob and all seems ok.

CreatePlease to create content