Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Router and local Unity UM Server

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to configure an SRST router with local Cisco Unity server on the same site as SRST router?

Central site host the CUCM Cluster and Unity, and remote site have the SRST router and Unity. Remote site wants to use their local Unity server when the WAN link goes down.

Any ideas?

PAUL

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not with just SRST, you need CME-as-SRST

Integrating Cisco Unity with Cisco CME-as-SRST

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/integration/unity/configuration/guide/cme_srst.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks. One issue I am facing right now is at the remote site I have a translation rule that translated the DIDs to 4 digit numbers, then the voip dial peer send the call to CUCM at the central site and the phone rings (when WAN is up).

When I introduce CME config at the remote site, while the phone eg ext 4000 is still registered with CUCM at HQ (WAN is up). If i call the DID of ext 4000, it matches the ephone-dn for that extension defined in CME instead of the voip dial peer to CUCM. Consequently, the caller get Unity Message and the extension does not ring.

How do i work around this to get incoming calls to prefer voip DP to CUCM instead of ephone-dn defined in CME when WAN is up. I tried higher preference on the ephone-dn, but no luck. I guess closest digits match first before wild card 4...

Any ideas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: