Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Voicemail

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When the router is in SRST mode, users need to access their voicemail personal greeting via the voicemail button on the phone, I have everything else working except this.

unity connection 7 voicemail pilot is 3330

In response to a general voicemail greeting , the user can press a *  after the genereal voicemail announcement to get a prompt  to enter their user pin to get to their personal voicemail box

The configs:

vm-integration

pattern direct * CDN   <--------------------------------------  Not working

pattern ext-to-ext no answer * FDN

pattern ext-to-ext busy * FDN

dial-peer voice 3330 pots

destination-pattern 3330

call-manager-fallback

voicemail 3330

I tried using the above dtmf pattern direct and according to cco it should work.

However, it keeps going to the general voice mail instead of a personal greeting.

I tried using all variations of dtmf pattern direct but it just goes to the general voice mail or does nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

1 Reply 1

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Paul,

In the configuration you have outlined, you have pattern direct * CDN defined. When a user presses their messages button, the following will be dialed: 3330*3330. This is probably why they are hearing the opening greeting and not their personal mailbox.

What you want to configure is pattern direct * CGN. For example, if ext. 1002 presses their messages button, the system will dial 3330*1002. This should allow the user to get to their personal mailbox when pressing the messages button on their phone.

I am assuming you have seen this document, but I figured I would offer it anyways:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/srst/configuration/guide/srs_mail.html

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: