Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Stability of Unity 4.2.1? Looking for opinions.

Hi All,

I'm thinking of upgrading to Unity 4.2.1 (from 4.0.5), and I am interested to hear any opinions regarding the stability of this release. This will be for a VM only server, integrated with CallManager 4.1.3, for about 1000 users.

I know that there were some issues with the early 4.0.x train, and I am hoping to avoid any surprises.

Thanks, Randy

Re: Stability of Unity 4.2.1? Looking for opinions.

I have used 4.05 before and had issues from installation, to reboots, etc. I'm running 4.2 at a client right now with about 700vm boxes on it and it's been fine. Actually more features you can use in 4.2. But the end user interface or expierence is the same. You can add more options such as Alternate Contact Number in their greeting which is handy.

The upgrade is pretty painless also. I downloaded the software, pulled a drive and upgaded on the box from 4.05 to 4.2. takes awhile to convert the databases, but it's been running for 2-3 months knock on wood.

Community Member

Am running a similar configuration to your planned version. Only ran into a couple of issues. CUSPA balked at trying to upgrade MSDE to the latest version even though we are running SQL 2000 SP4,

Additional digit notifications for pagers have to either have ,,,,, added to the dial string or you need to replace the TSP with an ES version, and

the "biggest" problem, users with expired passwords logging into other mailboxes can end up changing the passwords on the logged into box instead of their own.

User interface on SA no longer pops up the annoying This page contains both Secure and non-secure box.

Community Member

I just completed a project where I upgraded 15 UM Unity severs from 4.0.(5) to 4.2.(1). No issues thus far. The first upgrade was several months ago.

Only one server gave me trouble when trying to upgrade to SQL SP4, but other then that, very smooth sailing.

CreatePlease to create content