Views
Helpful
Replies

Standalone installation Unity VM version 5

r.vanschendel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a MCS-7835-H2 and UnityV5 software.

I have no connection with the office network and there fore I will install the server and SW as standalone , so that all the applications like outlook etc etc are running on this server.

On the Cisco sit a see a lot of documents, but not any one for the standalone installation.

Has anybody an idea ?

6 Replies 6

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many documents available for numerous types of installs. Here is the stand alone, all in one install for Unity 5.x with Exchange. Let me know if this isn't what you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexnofo/5xcuigvmenofox.html

Tray

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Basically you need the following:

- Unity 5, AD domain, Exchange 2003, SQL all on one box.

OR

- Unity 5, AD Domain, SQL on one box, and Exchange 2007 OFFbox.

Stand alone, you still need to build a "small" AD domain, DNS, etc to make it run.

Hi and hope you don't mind my two cents -

You cannot install Outlook on the Unity server, even if you are running a stand-alone server with AD, Exchange, and Unity onbox. Outlook will impact the MAPI connection between Unity and Exchange. If you need Outlook, install it on a workstation that is connected to the same domain as the Unity server.

Regards, Ginger

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ginger is very correct but I assumed that by Outlook you really meant Exchange but again, it's a good clarification on her part.

Tray

No she was right. You cannot install outlook on the Unity box.

The reason is that the MAPI.dll in outlook is different than the MAPI.dll in exchange. Unity needs the Exhange version.

rlp

That is what I was saying ranpierce. It's the same reason why any time you update Exchange and it's off box, you have to update the tools on Unity to make the mapi dll the same. Not sure where you got that I thought ginger was wrong. Sorry if there was some sort of mis-communication here.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: