cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standalone Mailbox Store Configuration Wizard (Domino)

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to run the Mailbox Store Configuration Wizard in standalone mode, withouth having to all the installation steps (CUICA)?

Regards,

Ariel

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ariel -

Is this an operational Unity server, meaning have you already run the Message Store Configuration Wizard once? I did a cursory check on cisco.com and did not find anything related to running this wizard with Domino other than during the course of an install or upgrade. Perhaps you could clarify for us what you are trying to do?

Sorry for so many questions, please also include your Unity version and Domino version as that could be pertinent.

Ginger

Hi, Ginger!

Yes, it is a completely installed (but not live) Unity (4.0(5)).

After I posted this I found that i can run the MSCW using ComponentSetup\Setup.exe from the Unity DVD 1.

My purpose is to change the partner Domino server to a new one, but if I follow the procedures from the reconfiguration guide i get a point where the guide asks me to change the mail server for the account Example Administrator, but Domino won?t let me move the accound. So what i want to do is force the creation of a new EAdmin account, hence my attempt to run the wizard by itself.

I ran it but it did not allow me to change the server, i am thinking that I must generate a new Unity Messaging user and a new user.id, before it lets me do the change.

Does it all help?

Thanks,

Hi -

My experience is with Exchange and I just had to do the same thing for an Exchange server about to be decommissioned. The previous Cisco reconfiguration guide instruction had you rerun the Message store config wizard to change the partner server. But this did not work on my 4.2 system. I found a modified set of instructions that had me move the Unity_servername mailbox to the new Exchange server and stop/restart AvUMSyncSvr service. This worked slick for Exchange. Maybe TAC would have a similar procedure for Domino?

Ginger

I know this is an old posting, but I have a customer with the same trouble. Do you have a detailed set of instructions for the modified set of instructions that you reference?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: