cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

standard conversation

imad.dandis
Level 1
Level 1

Using the standard conversation on unity 4.05 is there away to be able to go to the operator after you listen in to your messages. I know that custom key pad option will do it but we do not want to use this option because users are accustomed to the standard conversation

14 Replies 14

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Check the Conversation setting of your subscribers, which is also available in Template settings. There is a section called "When exiting the conversation, send the subscriber to ..." The default exit is the Opening Greeting call handler, but this could also be the Operator call handler or a subscriber who is designated as your 0-out operator. The exit or back up key is the *. If subscriber's hit the * key during the first level of the Unity conversation, they will be routed to the exit handling you have configured. Here is the link for 4.0(5) - http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4608/c1626/ccmigration_09186a00803fac65.pdf

Look for the section "Use these keys any time" on page 2.

Ginger

Ginger,

I have it setup to go to the operator but after I listen to the first message I get an option saying for help press 0 and another says to cancel playing messages press *

Thanks,

Imad

You'll have to use the custom key map for that - to be clear you can make the same options mapped identically as the standard conversation (custom key map is a superset of what's in the standard conversation) and change only what you want.

In 4.1 and 4.2 it's a bit easier because the custom key map tool has a built in option to set the custom key map conversations (there are 3 in later versions of Unity instead of 1 you have in 4.0(5)) to use the key mappings from the standard, optional 1, N/S or X conversation types so you don't have to map it by hand.

I made the change to use the Custom key pad for a user but now when we press 0 we get a recording saying the operator is not available.

We have a few operator handlers, so which one of those the system uses. Does it use the built in one or the one that was configured on caller input of this subscriber

It uses the build in operator call handler that was created by setup.

We have about 45 sites for this customer and each site has its own operator. So is there a way to custom this where when a subscriber hits 0 any where while they are listening to there messages they go to there own operator (they are telling us that how octel use to do it).

Also, I believe you said that with 4.05 we have to use the custom key pad mapping but with 4.1 or 4.2 we can custom the standard conversation mapping to go to the built in operator did I understand you correctly

No, you can't have custom locations for subscribers to go from within their subscriber conversation when they hit 0. Outside callers that hit 0 during the subscriber's greeting can, of course, be routed anywhere. From within the subscriber conversation, however, the operator destination is hard coded to the operator call handler.

No, you don't customize the standard conversation in 4.1 and later - but you can have up to 3 custom key map conversations and the utility now lets you automatically configure those custom key maps to model the standard, alternate 1, N/S/X conversations - check out the training video for the updated custom key map tool on the TOI page for 4.2(1) here for more details:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/TOI_Unity42.htm

Thanks Jeff and yes I listened to the training yesterday.

This customer just went off Octel and they are asking for a lot of things that they used to have in octel. Beside this customization is there anything else we can do to make their experiance with unity the same as it used with octel.

Hi -

You may want to check out the Optional Conversation 1 in Unity. It makes the transition very smooth for your users as they migrate from Octel 250/350 (Serenade) to Unity because the keys are the same, i.e. the after message action of 7 Deletes and the 9 does a Save/Archive. Setup Options is key 4, etc. As Jeff mentioned with the Custom keypad in Unity, we're on 4.2(1), you can use the Optional Conversation 1 as a base for your custom keypad instructions and go from there to add your own required keys.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger

We dont have 4.2 to test with yet and can you please tell me please that if we go 4.2 would we be able to customize optional converstaion 1 to go to the operator whenver a subscriber presses 0

Imad

No – you cannot change standing system conversations (Standard, Optional 1, Hotel, CVM, N/S/X). You will never be able to change these conversations in any version of Unity – just to be clear.

However, you have 3 custom conversations you can use and as I noted you can use the Custom Key Map tool to copy in all the key mappings from one of the system conversations (i.e. Optional 1) – then you can modify what you want. For instance you can load up Custom Conversation 2, copy all the settings from the Standard conversation in, change the 0 key to go to the operator call handler and then assign users to the Custom Conversation 2. This effectively make their conversation the standard conversation with a change of behavior for the 0 key.

Is that clear? I tried hard in the TOI to make this understandable but clearly I’ve fallen well short…

Thanks a lot

Jeff,

We want the ability to use option 0 to go to the operator using optional converstation 1. Can we customize this on 4.2

Thanks

review this thread... the links to the Custom Key Map tool will be helpful. In 4.2 you can setup one of the custom key maps to be just like custom conversation 1 and then you can change the 0 option to go to the operator call handler. Then you assign users to that custom key map conversation - it sounds and behaves the same as optional conversation 1 other than the 0 option works differently now. Should do what you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: