Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Status 489: Event Package not Supported - CUPS/CUPC

I have one presence user that is giving me fits.  She can log into CUPC, but she cannot see anyone's status.  We can sometimes see her Client Status (although Phone Status and Exchange Free/Busy Status work fine).  To further complicate matters, when she tries to generate a Problem Report, she gets a message that there has been an error in CUERT and the problem report cannot be created.

So I did what any red-blood network engineer would do, I sniffed her packets.

On starting up her CUPC, I see the TFTP request of the configuration file and the config file returned from the server.  Then I see the client send a SIP REGISTER message, then the server TRYING and OK.  Then the server sends a SIP REFER, SIP NOTIFY, and SIP SUBSCRIBE, which get a response from the client of OK (for the NOTIFY), Event Package Not Supported (for the SUBSCRIBE), and Accepted (for the REFER)

So, I assume the key problem here is the client's response of Status: 489 Event Package Not Supported.  Does anyone know where this is coming from?  I found a reference to two Cisco Bug Toolkit Cases, but those are A) listed as proprietary by Cisco, so unavailable to me, and B) 2 years old.

We are running CUPS 7.0.8.10000-7 and this user is running CUPC 7.0.2.13496.  She is also using Windows 7.

2 REPLIES

Re: Status 489: Event Package not Supported - CUPS/CUPC

Well...  I have more information.  I sniffed the packets from a working system, for comparison, and I saw the same Status: 489 message.  Which tells me this message has nothing to do with this user who isn't working and rather has something to do with the fact that we are running Presence Servers without a SIP PUBLISH trunk.  Which brings me back to square zero regarding this user's problem.

Red

Re: Status 489: Event Package not Supported - CUPS/CUPC

Could you try CUPC 7.1.1?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content