Unity V4.04 w/ Call Manager V4.1(3)sr3C. There is a group of users assigned to a particular partition who cannot leave messages for other users on Unity. They can receive messages fine from all other partitions except the one in question. I have looked at the security settings for the partition and calling search space and all are configured correctly. Users on other partitions have no problem leaving messages. Any ideas what may be the problem. It didn't arise until CM 4.1(3)sr3c was installed.
Look at the Calling Search Space Configuration for the base phone and directory number configuration(s). These phones may not have the Unity port partition you have configured included.
If you move one of the phones to another partition or calling search space, are they able to get messages then?
What error do they get, do they get a busy, does the call just drop?
If you just added the PT or CS, make sure the phones have been reset or the PT,CS restarted that they are in. Im not sure how many times I have configured something in CCM and then it doe not work because I forgot to reset it.
I have a customer with a similar sounding problem. earlier this month some users lost the ability to leave messages. they are running unity 4.0.5 exchange 2003, we believe it correlates to a exchange hot fix not sure which one yet. we changed there extension in vm and the number could leave messages but there new number couldn't.
If when they get forwarded to voicemail they hear a greeting and go though the process of leaving a message it is not a call search space issue.
Is the problem happening when either unity subscribers and unidentified-callers are trying to leave a message? Did you also install the exch 2003 hotfix on Unity server? Have you tried to run the latest permission wizard?
Not sure what you meant "with changed their extension in vm and the number could leave messages but their new number couldn't. " Please provide the call flow.
Did you check the application event logs for warnings or errors when an attempt to leave a vm failed?
Only Unity subscribers and only some of them. What meant is that issue didn't have anything to do with the person?s number. At first my customer thought it was tied to the extension but it follows the subscriber not the extension number they are using. I don't know if this is the same issue as the original post. Also it might be something with send as security on the user not sure why a problem like this would start on a system that has been up over a year. Oh, yes we did run the latest permission wizard. We have a TAC case open on it I will let you know what we find.
Turns out the issue my customer had, was that some of the users didn't the the approprate unity user id with send as rights. Customer updated users with ADSIEDIT and they worked fine.
Just a follow-up, after working with the TAC this ended up being an issue with a Microsoft Exchange Patch. The fix was to download the updated permission wizard and run it.