cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subcribers/CallManager License Portability

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

I would like to know the license license portability for CallManager and Subscribers in Unity.

for example if we deploy a network in San Jose with 600 users and we only deploy 400 we still have 200 license that we might use on a different site/cluster is that possible? if not what would be the best solution

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

With CallManager, licenses from one cluster cannot be shared with another cluster. Except for if these can be divided into 2 different license files, one for a cluster of 400 phones and another for a cluster of 200 phones. I'm not sure if this can be done or not, but you should contact your Cisco AM/SE for them to check if this can be done or not.

With Unity, if you have License Pooling enabled, then the license files can be shared across multiple Unity servers within the same AD Forest. So, if you have 2 different locations, 2 Unity servers, these Licesnes can be shared, provided the server belong to the same forest.

Hope this helps

Got that. I think we did not understand the issue with callmanager in a 100% could you explain us what the share means. for example if we buy 1000 licenses for one cluster and then if we want to create a different cluster could we take those 500 licenses out of the 1000 and move them over to the new cluster or not

thank you

For this to be done, you would need to contact your Cisco AM/SE to know if they could do this. You cannot move the license without having a new license file generated. Also, if the licenses were already generated for 1000 users with one cluster, I dont believe Licensing team would allow the move. But to get a confirmation, contact your Cisco Rep

Found this link on cisco.com which should help answer your question.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/sys_ad/5_0_4/ccmsys/a02licen.htm#wp1100914

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: