cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subject Name

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer with Unity 4.0.5 Unified Messaging when ever they see a voicemail in their Inbox they want to see on the SUBJECT as "Voicemail ........." whether the call is from Internal or External.

They want to see "Voicemail" permanently on their subject.Is it possible to do that???

Any help will be appreciated.

Bala

8 Replies 8

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

In Unity 4.2 you can customize the subject line with the advanced settings tool.

See following page,

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/TOI_Unity42.htm

Direct link to training video.

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/lindborg/Unity42/CustomizableSubjectLine.exe

Thanks for your reply..So we can do this only on 4.2 not on 4.0.5

Bala

Prior to 4.2(1) there is no option to customize subject lines.

Can you edit the text in the message instead? We would like to include the voicemail number for Blackberry users to dial in.

Hello -

Not sure if you knew this, but the Subject Line can be edited, once it appears in the user's inbox. So although you won't have the Subject Line customization until 4.2, your users can definitely edit the subject after playing the voice message and annotate it further.

Ginger

All thanks for your reply.

Ginger, Please can you explain when you get a chance how would you do that.

Thanks

Bala

Hi Bala -

When the voice message is received into the user's inbox, open the message in Outlook. The Subject line contains the information Message from an Unidentified Caller, for example. Position the cursor on the first letter and swipe the field. Start typing in a new subject line, i.e. Voice message from Ginger Kavan. Go to the File menu and click Save. Then when you exit the message, you will see the subject line has changed. I believe there is a character length maximum, which I don't know offhand. I'm sure there is a way to determine this by looking at Outlook forms customization on Microsoft. P.S. There was a bug in ViewMail 4.0(4) which did not allow the subject info to be changed. The bug was corrected in ViewMail 4.0(5).

Hope this helps!

Ginger

Thanks Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: