Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

subscriber message notification not working

Hi,

I am running Unity 4.1(1) with Exchange 2003. I have several users that have set up message notification to their cell phones. This WAS working great until about a week ago. Now it has stopped working. There has been no changes to Unity except of the addition/deletion of users. I do not control CCM, so I am not sure what changes have been made there, but when I ask the CCM admin, he tells me nothing has changed.

So my question is, where do I start to look first to resolve this problem? How can I test to make sure it's a CCM problem and not a Unity problem?

Any help on what to try first would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: subscriber message notification not working

Probably the quickest way to remove CCM from the equation is to setup an email notificaiton device for one of the users having trouble - set it up for the same trigger flags (i.e. for all unread, urgent voice mails or whatever) and test that. If the email device gets a notificaiton, you know that the notification engine on Unity is getting updates from the mailstore properly and firing off the notification event. If not, then you can narrow it down to what's happening (or not happening) with mailstore triggers. Also, if MWI's are working for these users, that usually indicates the Unity notification engine is working properly - is the same engine that starts the notification process for all devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies