Helpful
Replies

Subscriber with two directory listings

l.colmenares
Level 1
Level 1

I have two users with a shared line 68923

Jennifer and Dianne

When outside callers try to call them as they don't know their extension number they go to Directory Listing in Unity's Auto Attendant expecting to get their names.

In unity we only configured one subscriber for the shared line with an standard name.

How can I make 2 separate Directory Listings so when some calls and search either Jennifer or Dianne in the Directory Listing they get to the shared line 68293 and if they don't answer it gets to 68293 voicemail?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no, you can't voice extensions on a per user basis - it's done by the name lookup handler basis only.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create an internet subscriber for Dianne (assuming Jannifer is setup as the subscriber already) - record a voice name and list Dianne in the directory and then setup a release transfer to 68293. Folks in the directory can find both of them and both will ring 68293 which will forward to the same voice mail box (Jennifer's).

Thank you very much lindborg, very helpfull!

I decided to create a regular subscriber for Dianne with any extension (68222) and release transfer to 68293 and it works good.

Now the issue is that when I search for Dianne in the directory listing and transfers to her, it does go to 68293 BUT!! the system says: "Dianne at extension 68222" and that is confusing for callers because if they actually try to dial 68222 that extension is not configured in any phone.

I find out that in the Directory Handlers configuration at the "Match Options" section there is a part that says "announce extension with each name" and it can be removed but for everybody in the Directory.

Is there anyway to avoid the annoucement of the extension by subscriber not by the hole Directory?

Thank you!!

no, you can't voice extensions on a per user basis - it's done by the name lookup handler basis only.

Ok lindborg.

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: