cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber with two directory listings

clebarron
Level 1
Level 1

I have a subscriber who wants to be listed in the directory but wants the calls to go to his secretary's phone,not his, how can I do this?

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can probably do this a couple ways.

Share lines is one way. Exec's line rings at the admins desk and the exec phones at the same time. Either one can pick up the phone.

Another setup, have it ring the exec 2x, then roll to a second line on the admin phone for pick up. (then to vm)

You can have both numbers on the admin's phone as line 2 and 3. The Exec has a "batline" secret unlisted number. ??? You can hide people from the directory as you want.

Most companies choose the share line method. Some prefer "cover" lines with the second example I have. If the Exec and Admin do not picked up the shared line in 2 or 3 rings, it rolls to a second line on the Admin phones and also maybe 2 other admins for call coverage.

hope this helps. Your description was a little vague.

Yes you were right my description was vague, I am looking to have a Unity Subscriber with two directory names, I have an exec who wants his name to be searchable in their Directory Handler but wants the calls to ring at his secretary phone not his, so I'm hoping to have his secrestary's Unity mailbox have two directory names assocaited with it.

Not in Unity. In Unity can do this though:

John Doe Unity Subscriber x4567

John Doe Unity Subscriber x5555 (not listed)

You can have both numbers on a 79xx series phone. Just let John know, 4567 is public and x5555 is the "batline"

4567 can be shared at the admin's phone and on his phone. Admin can pick up line if they choose or go to vmail.