Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Substitute Object error when deleting Unity user

I am running Unity4.2(1) and when I delete a user I recieve error "substitute objects have not yet been configured on the Unity server.Deleting this subscriber if it owns or is referenced by Call Handlers,Directory Handlers, Interview handlers, or restriction tables could cause database errors.

On the Unity server in System > Configuration > Settings page of the Cisco Unity Administrator. I reconfigured the objects are Substitute Recipient, Substitute Owner, Substitute After Message Call Handler, and Substitute Exit Call Handler to example administrator.

I still recieve the error listed above. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Substitute Object error when deleting Unity user

I tried it on my 4.2(1) box and could not re-create the issue. I had all the mentioned settings configured and that worked as expected. Check the settings and confirm that none of the replacement objects are such that they are also owned by the subscriber you are trying to delete. To know what are the object owned by this subscriber, you can check the Account option for the Subscriber. If this also does not work, then try to manually change the Owner for all the objects that are listed under Account section of the Subscriber and then try to delete the user.

New Member

Re: Substitute Object error when deleting Unity user

I viewed the settings for the subscriber and found no instances listed. I recieved the same message but deleted user. I ran DB Walker with no issues. Not sure why I still recieved the message when no references were configured for the specific subscriber. Very Bizarre.....

Cisco Employee

Re: Substitute Object error when deleting Unity user

As I recall, all the SA is doing there is checking to see if the ObjectIDs noted in the database for the substitute objects on the setup page reference valid rows for subscribers/dls etc... - I suspect one of the entries in there is not pointing to a valid use. I've seen this in cases where the customer deleted the example admin account and then added it back (this does not work as the ObjectID is different). I'd suggest setting all the substitute objects on the configuration page in the SA to point to a new user/object, save it and try your test again.

376
Views
0
Helpful
3
Replies