cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Desktop Monitoring Problem

jfinkbiner
Level 1
Level 1

I have an end user that uses the Monitoring feature in Supervisor Desktop quite frequently. As of recent she has brought to my attention that she has an issue with Monitoring. The monitoring button on the tool bar will be available to her for the first few agents she monitors. After a random number of monitoring sessions, the end user will hang up a monitoring session via the end monitor button available through the tool bar and further monitoring will cease to be available. That is to say, that both buttons, begin monitor and end monitor, will be ghosted out.

Any ideas? It kind of seems like an audio

service isn't gracefully turning off. It is a windows xp machine on sp2. I can get information about the desktop client if needed.

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Make the following registry changes:

Add a registry dword and value or change the value of the registry key.

The registry dword is MonitorModeEnabled. It should be placed at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\00xx where xx is the instance of the network adapter that you need to monitor. (Check by opening and viewing the name of the adapter). It should be set to read: MonitorModeEnabled= 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \NPF Within that registry key, change the value of the "Start" setting from 3 to 2. Reboot the agent's PC

Desktop Monitoring Checklist and Troubleshooting Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008075025a.shtml

I followed that list and the issue is still occurring.

I recently stumbled across something that may help though. The user runs both Agent Desktop and Supervisor Desktop at the same time. When monitoring becomes unavailable simply closing out Supervisor Desktop and opening it again does not remedy the situation. If you close SD and open it again, select an agent to monitor, and attempt to monitor a user you will not be able to do so as the buttons are not available to start and stop monitoring.

You can fix it, however it is annoying. You must close SD and Agent Desktop. Once SD and AD are both closed, open up SD and monitoring is once again available. Is there some sort of caveat that i have missed about running AD and SD together when attempting to monitor?

I have encountered a similar problem with UCCX 7, was any resolution found for your problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: