cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System and User configuration Report / Dump

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Do any of the tools available with Unity 4.05 give you the ability to dump out the entire SA configuration? I know there are several tools avaialble to dump system diags and tools for user configs but the customer has requested a dump of the SA configuration...is this possible? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, can you be more specific than "SA configuration"? There are thousands of pieces of data in the directory database, local config files, registry and such - dumping the entire thing would be impossible and useless.

You can back it all up with DiRT but if they want some sane way to view it, review it, keep an eye on it or whatever, there's no logical way to dump all that information out in a human readable format.

If you have a somewhat more targeted request, we can see what we can do for you...

The customer wants to see how we have each page in the SA configured, from top to bottom. That's it. I can take screen shots for them, as well I actually have this documented but for pages that I did not change anything, the document states "default" so they might ask about that. I just thought there might be a tool that would give a cleaner view of the configurations one can view in the Web/SA (something like the audio text mgr does)- but I can certainly provide them with the documented configuration. Unless you had a simple, quick approach to this, I wouldnt want you to spend any additional time on this request. I always ask first on this forum because if there is a way to do something, this is usually where I find out about it/how to do it. Thanks.

the only other item other than the tree view of the call handler configuration in the ATM is the subscriber information dump - but this is far from a complete accounting of all configuration items in the entire SA interface. You can just do a dump of the entire Subscriber view in UnityDB, but this isn't terribly readable (and also isn't complete since you also need to dump the notification device tables, contact rule tables, messaging rule tables and such). There's a _lot_ of data involved.