Views
Helpful
Replies

System Call Handler Build Question

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently moving from a Mitel IP system to CUCM and Unity.  I have a call handler in Mitel that I built that contained screened transfers. 

So when main call handler answered they could press 1 or 2.  If pressed one it would ring an extension.  If that extension was busy or no answer it would try another extension.  Then if that other extension was busy or didn't answer it would go to voicemail for the 1st extension.

If they pressed two it would be the same process but the first extension would be someone else but same process.  try them, if busy or no answer would try a backup extension but if backup extension was busy or no answer would revert to voicemail of the original attempt.

I am really struggling on how to do this in Unity.  Any recommendations?  I have attached a picture of how it was configured in Mitel as helps explain it better than my rambling. 

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity cannot do that, you need to point to line groups in CUCM to achieve that.

Unity will attempt the transfer to just one number.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You should be able to do that by chaining handlers together - 

Call Handler A picks up the phone, plays greeting has 1 key set to ring phone for call handler B and 2 key set to ring call handler C

B is configured to ring extension 1000 supervised - if answered the chain stops.  If not have it configured to send the call to call handler C which is set to ring 2000.

A single handler cannot be configured to try a list of numbers but you can link a couple handlers togher easily enough.

If you need help setting this up let me know.