Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

T.38 Fax Server that talks over IP to Unity4, Gateway, and CCM

Hi,

Could you please let me know the a list of Fax Servers that would work over IP (ethernet) without needing dedicated lines.

I've gone throug the list at

Cisco Unity 4.0 System Requirements, and Supported Hardware and Software

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_pre_installation_guide09186a0080117617.html#32264

Table 9 "Supported Fax Server Software for Use with Cisco Unity"

lists 8 different fax servers but does not list which one of these would work over Ethernet (T.38) and which ones would require dedicated lines.

Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

regards,

Ahmer Ghazi

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: T.38 Fax Server that talks over IP to Unity4, Gateway, and C

Only Interstar's XMedius fax server supports T.38 - it's not on that list but it is tested and supported (you'll see it on the list of fax servers in the 3rd party fax configuraiton tool on your box). All other 3rd party fax servers require analog lines somewhere along the line.

As a side note, you can do IP based (T.37) fax for inbound using the IP Fax Configuration Wizard with Unity - you'll find this tool along with a training video and its help file here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_IPFaxConfigurationWizard.htm

outbound fax capability will be added to that for the Unity 4.0(4) release. This is, of course, a much lower level of functionality that full fax servers you can get but it's free and it's all IP based which may be appealing to some sites. Something to keep in mind.

Hi,

My requirement is that using a single number for both voice and fax that arrive at the Voice Gateway (Cisco 3745). Plan to use fax detection application on the VG and using T.37 Store & Forward method

If it is an incoming fax message, do I still need fax server?

From the VG, where I send the fax message to? Email server or Unity server?

Thanks for your help

SSng

Cisco Employee

You still have to have a server to accept and store the fax - Unity is not going to do that for you. The Fax server is what does this for you. The T.37 support on the gateways will do this for you as well (you can check out the IP Fax Configuration Wizard help and training video for more on this).

Hi Sr:

We are using Interstar's XMedius fax server T.38 against a 2600 gateway . Any special configuration for this to work correctly?.

The problem is that, sometimes, after the call established we do not hear Xmedius Fax CED signal.( a silence instead) and, after a few seconds, the call is released with a busy tone.

Any help?

Thanks

Alex

Alejo,

We are having the same situation, we have been troubleshooting this errror and Xmedius points to the configuration on the Gateway.

Have you been able to solve this?

Thanks,

Pedro

Hi Sr:

Upgrading to 12.2(15)Tsomething solve the problem

Regards,

Alex

is your 2600 gateway being used by Callmanager too? Could you post your config?

I want to use the same PRI line with Callmanager and XMedius , and hopefully have the same DID route to either an Extension for Voice and Mailbox for FAX,

Hi to those of you using XMediusFax ...

I am looking to network with some one offline re. XMediusFax and his or her experiences, successes, troubleshooting etc. We have it in test right now and are looking to replace our existing RightFax application around mid-December. We are hoping to go with only the Outlook client and COM-Addin to avoid running SendFax, except for power users. I would appreciate hearing your implementation experiences. You may email me separately at kavang@saccounty.net.

Thanks in advance,

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content