Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI/ TSP and Terminal Services

paulmciver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm sure i have found a statement from Cisco once that states they do not support Session based methods of Remote Access to a Server that is running TSP / TAPI due to confusions over multiple Sessions being used for the TAPI.

I have searched the website and cannot find anything. Have i dreamt this up or does anyone know where i can find more information on this?

Kind Regards,

2 Replies 2

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you referring to the problem caused when accessing Unity with remote desktop or terminal services in console mode which unloads the Windows audio driver and prevents Unity from answering calls?

Unfortunatly no, i have found lots of information that.

Basically i have seen issues in the past when 3rd party aplications such as IPCC or Arc Enterprise that use a Cisco TSP to control and monitor certain devices on a CUCM can encounter problems.

I was certain i had found some information on this once before and it was due to TAPI Wave driver not being Session aware and it then loading two wave drivers.

I have been able to find a MS article about this but would prefer this to come from Cisco's website.

I could be wrong and this document doesnt even exist but im sure i have seen it previously.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: