cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS will not load on UCCX 7.0.1SR4 from UCM 7.1.3

Mike Lydick
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone one have TAPS running on the UCCX 7.0.1sr4/UCM 7.1..3 ?

I have downloaded the plugin from UCM and installed on UCCX. I have loaded the TAPS AAR.AAR with AAR Manager. The TAPS Application is listed but if you open the Application get an error "Error occured while loading The SCRIPT[TAPS.aef]. Check log for details.

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After you run setup, you have to log into the UCCX server and
go to Applications, add new, add the TAPS script.

Setup a trigger for the taps app and it should work.

To me, it looks like the script is the same from 6.x to 7.x.  I have a UCCX run on VMWare that I move from cluster to cluster to do installs and have not had to update the TAPS script on my uccx server.

What steps are you doing?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah, that EXE file has been broken for awhile.  THe work around I found is if take the exe file and unpackage it to the UCCX server.  It will unpackage two files.

issscript and setup.exe. 

I only run the setup.exe and it installs the TAP application fine on my UCCX server.     Something in the script install does not work.

Good luck!  I think WINRAR will unpackage the EXE file for you (or any other app you can find)

Thanks for the reply.

I tried unpacking last night with the same behavoir.

We there additional steps? I deleted the Application, Removed the TAPS AAR.AAR and Removed the Taps.aef. Ran the both files.

I see you are saying to just run the setup though?

Thanks again,

Mike

After you run setup, you have to log into the UCCX server and
go to Applications, add new, add the TAPS script.

Setup a trigger for the taps app and it should work.

To me, it looks like the script is the same from 6.x to 7.x.  I have a UCCX run on VMWare that I move from cluster to cluster to do installs and have not had to update the TAPS script on my uccx server.

What steps are you doing?

Followed your steps and issue is resolved. Thank you for the great

fix!

Steps after installation failed.

Uninstalled TAPS

Removed TAPS AAR.AAR files

Removed TAPS.AEF File

Removed Application from APPADMIN

Remove Taps.AEF from Scripts/APPADMIN

Extracted files from TAPS plugin

Ran Setup.EXE

Added TAPS AAR.AAR from AAR Management/APPADMIN

Edited the TAPS.AEF to add trigger

Restarted Nodes - HA system

I am experiencing the exact same presentation with CUCM 7.1.3 and UCCX 7.0.1 Build 168.

I have followed the steps in the previous post exactly, but still get the error message about the script when I open the TAPS application.

I've looked over the script, but I don't really understand the Java and/or database references.  I'm used to writing scripts to control call routing - I wouldn't recognize a bad reference here if it bit me.  I tried poking around in the application logs to see if I could find a more detailed reference as to why the UCCX application doesn't like the script file.  Again, I was in way over my head just trying to find the log file that might give me the clue.

Does anyone have an updated TAPS.aef script that works?  Should I maybe just hang a trigger on the application to see if it works regardless of the reported error?  I can't imagine that no one is using or has used TAPS with this product combination.

EDIT:  Okay, so I made a rookie mistake.  After opening the script in the CCX Editor, validating it, then saving it, all worked as advertised.  Of course, looks like no one was watching this thread anyway...

Hi,

Did you have to install TAPS on both servers as in the case of HA??

Do we know what exactly needs to be edited on the TAPS.aef to make this work?

One user above reported having to edit the .aef with accurate trigger information.  I don't recall having to do that.  It was simply opening the script in the editor, validating it, saving it and uploading the validated file that got this service working for me.

it worked for me after restarting the CRS Administration from Control Center

After much rebooting, deleting etc I got TAPS to work on UCCX 7 with CUCM 6.1  I initially installed the TAPS via the plug in but the install worked but TAPS itself failed to work. I then installed it via extracting the file and running the .exe. I then copied across all the prompts, redone them for European and created a new folder called TAPS for EN_GB, reconfigured the application to use EN_GB  but that also failed. We then "turned" on EN_US, changed the language to have US as an option assigned the prompts/Application  to it and then assigned the language support in CUCM for TAPS to US - all working. As a UK company we tried to use TAPS under the English but had to use US- hope it helps

I don`t know if I installed it via the plug in and use the US langauge from the start whether that would have resolved but I did not want to remove TAPS afer getting it to wpork to prove it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: