cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence versus unified communications

chukwuebukaofor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , Please I am trying to differentiate between Telepresence and Unified Communications. Can you let me know what the fundamental differences are between the two.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ofor,

What Is Cisco TelePresence?

Cisco TelePresence combines high-quality audio, high-definition video, and interactive elements to deliver an in-person meeting experience over your network.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns669/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd80546cd0.html

What Is Unified Communications?

Unified communications systems bring together voice, video, data, and mobile applications.

As precursors to unified communications, IP telephony and IP communications solutions enabled organizations to streamline business processes and reduce costs. For years, companies have realized the benefits that carrying voice, data, and video communications across a common, IP infrastructure can bring.

From these, unified communications solutions have evolved and offer even greater benefits. Unified communications applications are actually integrated to create a workspace in which communications users can choose how and when to be connected and available. Besides helping organizations integrate their communications more closely with business processes, unified communications ensures that information reaches recipients quickly, through the most appropriate medium, no matter where they may be working or what device they may be using.

Unified communications allows businesses to collaborate in real time using advanced applications from an integrated, easy-to-use interface. These applications include:

Video conferencing

Integrated voice and Web conferencing

Mobile IP soft phones

Voicemail, and more

Database access and queries

Customer information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns151/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd804aca85.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I am sure that it is an informative piece of information and deserves 5 points.

-> Sushil

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for that my friend :) This is most kind of you!

You Rock!

Rob