Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Text-to-Speech Reply to Emails - CUC 8.6

I have a customer running CUC 8.6. I have Unified Messaging enable, and access to Exchange working via TTS. We can call into Unity and access the emails to be read to us via TTS. Another feature the user is requesting is the ability to reply to those messages from a remote phone and attach a voice recording preamble to the reply message. They say this was an available feature in older releases of Unity, but were told it wasn't in Unity 8.6. I haven't configured that before and the documentation is not very clear on it. 

Most of the config guides state that text-to-speech is used to read emails from Exchange, however a feature comparison doc at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unity/product_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html seems to state that 8.x can reply, forward etc via TTS. 

Can anyone provide any clarity into that feature? And if so, end user info on how to use it? Thanks!

Jimmy

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content