cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The CUCC subscriber server has changed to Primary Status (failover has occurred)

solesupreme
Level 1
Level 1

I just rebooted my all my servers over the weekend by shutting them all down. Today I log into Unity Connection and see this error up top "The Cisco Unity Connection cluster subscriber server has changed to Primary Status (failover has occurred). To review server status for the cluster, go to the Tools > Cluster Management page of Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability."

The main issue that this is causing is that no one is able to listen to theri VM's on their desk phones but delivery to email is still fine.

Any ideas how to fix this?

4 Replies 4

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

First of all it sounds like you have integration/configuration problems with your Unity Connection, they should be working Active/Active so it shouldn't matter which one is primary.

What is the error when they attempt to listen to the voicemail from their handset?

Its quite simple to switch them back

Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability > Tools > Cluster Management

Then click Make Primary next to the Primary Server.

Regards,

Richard

I did that last evening before your reply, it seemed to have restored things to norm. Moments later when I would check voicemails via my handset, I get a message "the message is currently not available", this is happening for all my users. This morning I attempted to change roles of secondary to primary and vice versa to see if that would resolve things, but then I got a message "split brian error has occured"; that notification has then cleared. In the Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability my Primary is indeed still primary and we're back at "The Cisco Unity Connection cluster subscriber server has changed to Primary Status (failover has occurred). To review server status for the cluster, go to the Tools > Cluster Management page of Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability." with messages still not accesible via the handset, but can be heard from email.

Do you still have this issue now when dialling in to listen to voicemails?

I would check the database replication status between the two servers to ensure this is OK. You could then try calling into each server by stopping the sever from taking calls (Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability > Tools > Cluster Management - Stop Taking Calls) - check to see which server you can't listen to voicemails on, i would then reboot the effected server.

Regards,

Richard

hamedhedayat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use Cisco Unity Connection version: 12.5.

When i Sign into Cisco unity connection i see this message :

The Cisco Unity Connection cluster subscriber server has changed to Primary Status (failover has occurred). To review server status for the cluster, go to the Tools > Cluster Management page of Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

now the subscriber server is Primary server.

In this case is not possible for the caller to leave a message for more than 40 Sec.

I changed Publicher Server to Primary Server.

In this case is not possible for the caller to leave a message for more than 10 Sec.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: