cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day routing

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi with CUE or IPCC script editor, I am able to write a script for incoming calls to company main number to ring a phone during business hours and go directly to after hour greeting when office is closed and on holiday.

How do I acheive the same with CUCM6.1 and Unity? I am thinking time of day routing on CUCM will help, but cannot get my head round how it will work exactly. I know how to define my time preiods, schedules and apply schedules to the partition assigned to the DN. I also understand the partition is only active to receive calls during the time periods defined in the schedule assigned to the partition.

My question is how to I get the call to route to a Unity Call handler and play after hours greetings, when a call comes into the main number after hours. I do not want a ring after hours, want it to go straight to Unity CH

Please help

4 Replies 4

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

You would need to create the same DN in another partition with no ToD on it which is fwd'd to voicemail.

For example, using extension 1000 as example.

1000 dn in PhonePartitionToD

1000 dn in PhonePartition - fwd to vm (CTI Route Point usually).

So your time of day numbers will reside in both the partitions, and all your other normal phone extensions in PhonePartition.

In the Calling Search Space, you would list the ToD partition before the normal partition so it has priority when that partition is active.

The end result would be when the ToD partition is active the calls go to 1000 in that partition and when the ToD partition isn't active the other 1000 DN will be available and be used.

Also, for your voicemail MWI CSS make sure you create a CSS for that with no ToD partitions so the persons light on their phone will still light up.

thanks, will give it a try

How about Holidays.Say a holiday fell on a Monday, how would that work since I have already defined a time period of 9-5 to ring on the DN1000

I am thinking I can use the option Year On to acheive that, but how.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: