cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tools Depot Empty

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All of a sudden, when I try to access the Tools Depot, the screen is blank. It pops up, but there are no tools listed. I can, however, access the individual tools by going to C:\CommServer\Utilities. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The Tools Depot shortcut on the server desktop has the following properties:

Target path: C:\CommServer\Utilities\ToolsDepot\ToolsDepot.exe

Starts in C:\CommServer\Utilities\ToolsDepot. I'm wondering if your shortcut got hosed? If this folder got deleted by accident, I'm sure you could copy from the CD.

Ginger

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The Tools Depot shortcut on the server desktop has the following properties:

Target path: C:\CommServer\Utilities\ToolsDepot\ToolsDepot.exe

Starts in C:\CommServer\Utilities\ToolsDepot. I'm wondering if your shortcut got hosed? If this folder got deleted by accident, I'm sure you could copy from the CD.

Ginger

hmmm... the depot (assuming it's launching properly) pulls the info about installed tools from the registry under \HKLM\Software\ACtive Voice\ToolsDepot\ - each sections (Admin vs. audio, vs. debugging etc...) and under that each tool has it's own section - if this branch somehow got removed (or renamed?) it would come up with a blank framework with no tools. Not real sure right off hand how that would happen, though.

Under the Tools Depot under \commserver\utilities\ you'll find a default REG file that has the base set of tools that ships with Unity - if the registry branch is missing/mangled you can readd it by applying this REG file.

The problem is not with the shortcut. I get the same thing when I run the application from the ToolsDepot directory. The Utilities folder and the subfolders for different tools are there. The registry keys are there. I did run StandardApps.reg to be sure. I am attaching a Tools Depot log file which does contain some errors.

Thanks,

Brandon

Export your HKLM\Software\Active Voice\ToolsDepot registry hive and send it to smilliga at cisco dot com and I'll take a look.

I replaced my ToolsDepot hive with yours and could not reproduce the problems you are seeing. Has anything changed on this system recently, like CSA being installed or updated, permission changes in Active Directory? From the log I looks like the account running ToolsDepot is not able to enumerate the ToolsDepot registry settings.

I installed some Microsoft updates recently. Nothing has changed with CSA or account permissions that I'm aware of. The account that I'm logged in as is an administrator on the box and I verified that the administrators group has Full Control permissions to the ToolsDepot hive.

Brandon

The first error in the log indicates that the ToolsDepot cannot enumerate for subkeys under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\ToolsDepot. Can you verify using regedit that the account you are using can view all subkeys here?

The subkeys are inheriting their permissions from ToolsDepot which has Full Control permissions for local administrators. The account I'm logged in as is a member of the local admin group.

Thanks,

Brandon

Finally got around to looking at this issue again. I ended up copying the ToolsDepot folder from the CD and all is well.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: