cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trace messages? a case of "I left a vm, but they didnt get it"

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a user that says they called their boss at 6am this morning, left a message that they were not coming and sick. I check the CDR and they did in fact call their boss at 6am and it fowarded to Unity to leave a message. But the "boss" does not have any messages from them... or did he? hmmmmmm ? hmmmmmmmm?

So... my question.. is there for me to trace the messages? I check the deleted items.. empty. I checked the "undelete deleted items" in Outlook, no luck. Any where else I can look? (yes, I did check the Example Admin for non deliverables)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi -

If the messages are in the Failed folder, move them one level up to UnityMTA. The messages should be moved to Exchange. If that doesn't happen, say within a minute to two, stop/restart the AvUMRSyncSvr service. That should get it going again. Also, if not all of the messages get transferred to Exchange, check the users. The user(s) may have been deleted.

Ginger

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Could the boss have a rule that moves voice messages to a different folder other than the inbox? May not apply if voicemail only implementation ... I would use Message Tracking with Exchange System Manager on the Unity server. Specify the boss' alias and the name of the Exchange server, i.e. Unity server if on box. Specify a date and time and track the message. It will show all messages that went to that user. You can then select a specific message and get detail information on it - i.e. when it was submitted to the user's message store.

Ginger

Found all 130 megs of voicemails.. sitting in the failed mta que. Is there a way to kick them up again to move them to Exchange? What service do I need to restart to do this?

Hi -

If the messages are in the Failed folder, move them one level up to UnityMTA. The messages should be moved to Exchange. If that doesn't happen, say within a minute to two, stop/restart the AvUMRSyncSvr service. That should get it going again. Also, if not all of the messages get transferred to Exchange, check the users. The user(s) may have been deleted.

Ginger

I actually found this in another forum, but thanks Ginger. This all stemmed from some disabled Unity_servername accounts that got removed. Once those were deleted, the unityMTA failed, and on down the list.

I have to figure out if the Unity_servername can be moved to another container.

Hi -

If by container, you mean domain, I believe this is possible. We have a special OU in our domains for service type accounts. If you need to move the mailbox portion, that does require a reassignment of the Exchange partner server - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080531bde.html#wp1049034

Ginger

(Quote)Hi -

Ginger(/quote)

Hey, this works but when i check the user's voicemail box you cannot listen to the message as it does not say you have a new message, is there a way around this?

The message does goto the inbox of the users unity box but the user cannot see that it's there.