Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer directly to voice mail from CUE auto-attendant

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to configure the AA in CUE to transfer an incoming call directly to the subscribers mail box. The scenario is that I am configuring this system for a school. They need to retain the ability to call from one IP phone to another, and forward to voice mail on busy or no answer. However, all inbound calls fro the outside will be routed to the AA. From there we need to prevent the calls from actually ringing in the classroom (too distracting to the classroom environment), so we would like them to go directly to the subscriber's greeting/mail box. Is this even possible? To take it a step further, we would like to have some extensions go directly to VM, and others to actually ring on the phone. These scenarios would hold true regardless if the caller is dialing the subscriber by 4-digit extension in the AA, or by name from the Directory off of the AA.

Are we crazy to attempt such a design?

Thank you in advance for any input/assistance.

Aaron

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Aaron,

You could certainly make this work although it does add a level of complexity. Take a look at the following link regarding transferring calls directly to voicemail with CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Sorry, I was not ignoring your response. In fact, it was quite helpful. I obtained the script referenced in that link, and it works fairly well. The one thing that I am struggling with is that it transfers directly to the prompt to leave a message (the tone). Is there a way, that you know of, to transfer the call to the called party's greeting rather than straight to the leave a message prompt? It would be nice if we could provide the caller with confirmation that they have arrived at the right subscriber mailbox.

Thank you for your replies, and I will rate this post once I have had the chance to work out the bugs in my auto-attendant.

Aaron

Aaron,

I have not used this script, but this transfer behavior must be a function of the script. I use the E.164 number assignment in CUE to transfer direclty to a mailbox and it does transfer to the greeting.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: